Please refer to our master release table to ensure you use the last compatible builds.
DNA 2.7 Release Date: October 24, 2018
- Android The SDK now embeds a default QoS module that sends basic stats payloads for QoS monitoring from within your dashboard;
- Android New specific QoS module available for ExoPlayer and Nexplayer that contains new metrics and improvements to existing metrics, enhancing the default module (see documentation for Exoplayer).
- WebAndroidiOS Enhanced garbage collector and scheduler with dynamic cache size based on available memory.
Support / Configuration
- Android New specific backend configuration to automatically adapt resource usage to low memory devices, available via configuration injection.
- Web Fixed the internal SDP Offer syntax for Firefox 63+ to take into account a new line;
- Web Fixed a RequireJS build packaging edge-case;
- Android Fixed ProGuard packaging edge-case.
DNA 2.6 Release Date: October 9, 2018
- Web MPEG-DASH 'segmentBase' segment addressing scheme support;
- iOS Update to Swift 4.2 and iOS 12 / tvOS 12;
- Android Android 9 "Pie" support.
Support / Configuration
- WebAndroidiOS Improved Client API offering more options for Upload and Download rules. See our dedicated documentation for Web, Android and iOS;
- WebAndroidiOS New data API v2. See our How to migrate documentation.
WARNING: API v1 will only be available until the end of 2018;
- Web New DNA Enterprise option to limit connection to devices within the same local area network.
DNA 2.4 Release Date: August 2, 2018
- Web New Akamai Adaptive Media Player plugin for MPEG-DASH and HLS (see demo);
- Web New Mpx Player (Comcast) plugin for MPEG-DASH and HLS (see demo);
- Web Shaka Player 2.4 support (see demo);
- WebAndroidiOS HLS byte-range segment support (using the
- AndroidiOS Better integration of DNA stats into Youbora native plugins;
- iOS Enable Bitcode on WebRTC build.
- WebAndroidiOS Improved Global Upload Queue Management with a better chunk scheduling and reduced upload congestion for a higher offload in countries with lower available bandwidth and high bitrates streams.
Support / Configuration
- WebAndroidiOS New stats payloads for early detection of misconfiguration-related issues;
- WebAndroidiOS Upon request, Streamroot Support can now instantly deactivate Streamroot DNA™ on a given mobile OS, SDK version or phone model from our admin back office.
backendURLhas been deprecated on the SDK API and replaced by
DNA 2.3 Release Date: July 9, 2018
- WebAndroidiOS Improved IPV6 connections management mechanism;
- WebAndroidiOS Absolute URLs support in manifests;
- WebAndroidiOS Manifest redirects support;
- iOS Alamofire dependency removed for easier integration and lighter SDK;
- Web Brightcove simplified integration (see demo);
- Web JW Player multi-audio and VR streams support;
- Web Video.js multi-audio
- Web Flowplayer hlsjs-lite media engine support.
- AndroidiOS Improved buffer level management for higher efficiency;
- Web Bitmovin plugin improvement regarding buffer levels for higher P2P offload;
- WebAndroidiOS New dynamic Availability Zone management for optimized Streamroot services redundancy
Configuration / Portal
- WebAndroidiOS Per network-type Upload and Download settings under Properties;
Important note: From DNA 2.3, Streamroot is activated on Chrome for Android by default, and the per network-type settings shall apply.
- WebAndroidiOS Settings tab that regroup Properties and License options;
- WebAndroidiOS Properties
parameters page (property update page);
- WebAndroidiOS License page for domain name and Bundle ID whitelisting in options;
- WebAndroidiOS SSAI detection can now be activated directly on your dashboard via properties (property update page).
DNA 2.2 Release Date: May 11, 2018
- Web New Azure Media Player plugin.
- WebAndroidiOS Amazon Media Tailor and Google DoubleClick SSAI support.
- Web New open source Source Handler for Video.js.
- Android New Android VideoView support.
- AndroidiOS Changes regarding the public API. Please see our migration documentation on how to instantiate the new SDK and set parameters for Android and iOS.
- Web New integration demos website.
- iOS Airplay support
- WebAndroidiOS Activation ratio can now be set in Properties.
- Web New siteId option in dnaConfig object.
- iOS Swift 4.1 support
DNA 2.1 Release Date: April 24, 2018
- iOS Apple tvOS support.
- Smart TV Samsung Tizen support.
- Smart TV LG webOS support.
- Web New Beta Bitmovin plugin.
- AndroidiOS Support of Akamai token-based authentication.
- Web Smooth Streaming stream support.
- Web Relative manifest URL handling.
- WebAndroidiOS Device-Adapted Configuration for better QoS.
- AndroidiOS Better stability for Android and iOS SDKs thanks to an improved memory management.