This support website will be decommissioned on 16th December 2022.
For up-to-date information, please refer to documentation on Lumen.com.
Domain Name and Bundle ID Whitelisting is a way to protect your Streamroot Key on web platforms and mobile applications. It allows you to limit the use of CDN Mesh Delivery to your website or App and your streams, thus preventing unwanted use of your Streamroot Key on a third-party site or Apps.
Set up your domain names and bundle IDs in the License & Security in the Settings Section of your dashboard.
We strongly recommend that you whitelist at least one domain and bundle ID.
If you do not whitelist anything, any use of your Streamroot Key from third-party websites or Apps will be considered as yours, displayed among your data in your dashboard, and counted towards your maximum number of concurrent viewers per month.
Changes made to a domain name and bundle ID take up to 10 minutes to be effective.
How it works
We associate your Streamroot Key with the website(s) and bundle ID(s) you indicate.
- If the Streamroot Key doesn't match your whitelisted websites and bundle IDs, viewers will not be able to connect to the Streamroot tracker and will not receive or generate any peer traffic.
- The video will still be downloaded from your server and played as usual.
- If the Streamroot Key matches the website domain or Bundle ID, viewers will be connected to the Streamroot tracker and they will be able to benefit from peer traffic.
Iframed and embedded players
For iframed or embedded players, the website taken into account will be the source website.
Localhost (127.0.0.1) is always whitelisted. This means that you do not have to configure anything to perform tests locally.
"www" subdomain is transparent to the whitelisting, meaning that "mywebsite.com" is equivalent to "www.mywebsite.com" and vice-versa.
The domain should not contain:
- a character that is not a letter, a number, a dot, or a hyphen,
- more than 253 characters,
- scheme (protocol: "http://" nor "https://"),
- subdirectory (path: e.g. "/myservice")
The wildcard symbol "*." can be used to define a group of whitelisted domains.
You can either allow access to your entire website or for several subdomains.
|app.example.myapp||app.example.myapp||Other bundle IDs|
|no domain / bundle ID||Everything|