This article gives a product and general overview of CDN Load Balancer, our midstream multi-CDN selector for video streaming platforms.
We have gained expertise in delivering client solution that brings QOE improvements to viewers all around the world. After deploying the mesh delivery product with major broadcaster all over the world, we decided to extend its product line with a QOS-focused client-side module:
CDN Load Balancer is a client-side CDN switcher that allows each viewer to source segments from the most appropriate CDN on a per-segment basis, guaranteeing each viewer optimal quality of service.
CDN Load Balancer monitors the quality of service of each of your CDNs:
- Bandwidth on each video segment download
- Latency on each video segment download
- Error rate (based on segment request errors)
Based on these main QOS metrics, CDN Load Balancer will rank those CDNs from each viewer's perspective, making sure that each viewer is using the best CDN in their region/country or ISP.
CDN Load Balancer can also take business rules into account to overrule certain QOS-based decisions. If a CDN has a lower cost for you, you can force CDN Load Balancer to prioritise it more than the other (more on that in this article).
- CDN Load Balancer client Integration: This article details how to integrate CDN Load Balancer on a web player with any compatible player & media engine.
- Configure CDN Load Balancer: This article details how to configure CDN Load Balancer for your specific workflow and use case: set up CDN Load Balancer to point towards your CDNs and input backend-side configuration parameters.
- How do we calculate CDN Scores?: This article briefly explains how CDN Load Balancer computes scores for each of your CDNs.