The Streamroot reseller dashboard gives approved Streamroot resellers full control over creating, monitoring and modifying client accounts. It offers a comprehensive view of the resellers' activities with Streamroot, as well as detailed traffic information for each individual customer.
The reseller dashboard contains three distinct views:
- Admin Dashboard for creating, modifying and monitoring client accounts.
- Company log-as view in which resellers are logged in to a specific company account to see exactly what your client sees when logging in to his Streamroot dashboard
- Company View/Testing dashboard which includes the reseller's own personal Streamroot Key to be used for testing and configuration purposes only
The colour of the sidebar indicates which view you are currently using:
|Admin Dashboard||Company log-as view||Company View/Testing dashboard|
Navigating between views in your Admin Dashboard
1. Admin Dashboard to Company Log-as View
To switch from your default admin view to a customer log-as view:
1. Click on the Manage Companies tab in the sidebar
2. Click on the log-as icon on the left side of the company row
You then have access to your customer's Streamroot dashboard as the customer sees it.
To go back to the Admin view:
1. Click on the END LOG AS in the bottom of the sidebar.
2. Admin Dashboard to Testing Dashboard
Before onboarding customers with Streamroot, resellers may want to test internally and optimize workflow-specific configurations.
To access the testing dashboard from your admin view:
1. Click on the GO TO COMPANY VIEW button in the sidebar
You then have access to a dashboard that allows you to see metrics related to your Streamroot key.
To go back to the admin view:
1. Click on the Account section in the sidebar
2. Click on the Admin Dashboard link on the lefthand menu bar.
Reseller Admin: Creating, modifying and monitoring client accounts
1. Create a new client account
The Companies section of your Streamroot Admin view contains a list of your client accounts using Streamroot. To create a new company click on the Add new company button in the top right-hand corner of the Manage Companies tab and fill in the following information about the client:
Streamroot can send an email to the company asking the company to activate its account. If you wish to send your own email to the customer, ensure the Send activation email is unchecked before submitting.
If you decide to send the activation link yourself, you can copy it by logging into the company, and copying it from the Profile section.
Once a company has been created, it appears in the Manage Companies tab.
SRKey is the client's unique StreamrootKey that it will need to use in its configuration in order to enable Streamroot on its website.
Limitation: The default limitation is set to 1,000 concurrent viewers per company. If the company has more than 1,000 concurrent viewers, all additional viewers will not connect to Streamroot and will stream directly from the CDN.
To increase this limitation or set up a data-based limitation for specific clients, contact Streamroot Support.
2. Modifying and Disabling client accounts
To edit a company, click on the edit icon on the right side of the company row.
A new page opens with the fields that can be edited from within the admin view.
The reseller admin view offers several tools for monitoring customer accounts.
The Traffic section offers aggregated traffic statistics across all active companies (header menu), followed by a list of key traffic statistics per company. For additional information about an individual customer, use the log-as icon on the left-hand side to switch views.
To set up an email alert when one of your clients begins testing or deploying Streamroot, go to the Alerts section on the sidebar and click on the Create Alert button.
Two types of alerts are available:
- Testing: This option notifies you the first time Streamroot DNA is activated for at least one viewer.
- Deployment: This option notifies you the first time Streamroot DNA is activated for over 100 viewers.